Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's not easy being green....er Jane.








Zara tank, Nordstrom gray tee, H&M pants, Clarks loafers, LOFT sweater, vintage boots.


Trying to work on my winter layering look, but came out with mixed results. Let me know what you think of the tank over the shirt? High-fashion or high-school? Well I'm taking that line from the new ABC Family TV show "Jane By Design".

The show revolves around a high school girl named Jane Quimby...really.. Quimby. She is a high schooler who applies for a fashion internship but mistakenly gets the job of assistant to the designer. It has been running for about three weeks now and I've heard mixed results. Personally, I felt like it could have had potential as a fun guilty pleasure show, however there is major umph lacking in the fashion department. She wears things like this...

. ................. ... .....
and has a friend with six extra inches of hair
..... .............

.

I suppose that style is supposed to be expressive and individual in order to reflect who you really are "deep down"... but to me that means that Jane is really a fluffy Kermit the Frog trapped inside a leather straight jacket. That's not the type of person I want to continuously be around.

Despite the initial turn offs, the show still has time to improve! Hopefully it will become less iCarly and more Gossip Girl-esque.


xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment