Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

TeenVOGUE Sept. 2012

Welcome to the first installment of my Teen Vogue inspiration posts! The magazine inspires me with every issue, so I just want to share my thoughts with you! 



This just in: The old saying "less is more" is no more! For this fall, the fashion world is screaming at us from every glossy magazine page that MORE is actually better! What it boils down to people is "fashion eccentricity". This month, Teen Vogue emphasized that fact that Fall 2012 is not for the light of heart. Page after page of layered heavy knits, seven-piece suits, clunky creeper shoes, pattern play, and ornate Baroque outfits prove my point. Fashion fearlessness is not an easy feat, but it helps that the celebrity world is on board with us. This article said it perfectly: it's time for us to embrace individuality and load up on every fashion trend we love, even if it's in the same outfit. 



I know, I know, it's easy to say that you're not afraid to dress to express yourself, but we all know it takes some guts. Take this picture of me for example:


I was only five years old, so of course I didn't care what people thought of me. So next time you're getting dressed and considering whether or not you look ridiculous, remember this picture and think, "Hey I can't look any weirder than that!" and walk outside with a whole new level of confidence!


P.S. Like my page on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/classycare



xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment