Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Geek Chic- a la Bensimon




This summer I brought home lots of things from France, but my best purchase was my two pairs of Bensimon shoes! If you're not familiar with the brand, la tennis Bensimon is a French military inspired shoe company that makes linen, canvas, and rubber shoes out of recycled army materials. It is all the rage in France, and I hardly saw a single person who was not wearing a pair of some sort. They come in different styles and MANY different colors or patterns, but I liked these two the best! 

The great thing about buying them in Europe though is that they were only 27 Euros, which is about 40 American dollars. That's not bad considering online they sell for $55+shipping and $70-85 at Madewell. 

They're cute comfortable and totally trendsetting--I have only seen one person in the U.S. wearing them (and I know she happens to be European, so that hardly counts...) I would suggest to pick up a pair on your next hop on over to France...whenever that is...and you can be one-of-a-kind! 

Unless...does anyone already have a pair/heard of Bensimon?





Geek-chic today because of the buttoned alltheway up shirt. Plus I just bought a new pair of glasses channeling my inner Clark Kent. But they're Juicy so it's okay!




Madewell shirt, Bensimon shoes, and new Gap 1969 always skinny jeans. Super comfortable and the perfect fit. French fishtailed my hair to spice things up a bit!


xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Those shoes are so cute! I really like the blue ones. When I first saw them I figured they were french because my french teacher told us that in France the shoes are dainty and not clunky. They are so fresh and light though. I wish I could stop by and pick up a pair. To bad France is so far away! ;)

    P.s. Your fish tail braid looks awesome. Fish tails are a bit of a trend recently!

    Warm Wishes.
    http://little-miss-leo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete